Who is Homeless?
HOUR OF CODE
Dear Tedder Elementary Parents,
We live in a world surrounded by technology. And we know that whatever field our students choose to go into as adults, their ability to succeed will increasingly hinge on understanding how technology works. But only a tiny fraction of us are learning computer science, and less students are studying it than a decade ago.
That’s why our entire school is joining in on the largest learning event in history: The Hour of Code, during Computer Science Education Week (Dec. 8-14). Last year, 15 million students tried computer science in one week. This year, we're joining students worldwide to reach 100 million students!
Our Hour of Code is a statement that Tedder Elementary School is ready to teach these foundational 21st century skills. Tedder Elementary Students will be coding during their Media Specials this week. To continue bringing programming activities to your students, we want to make our Hour of Code event huge. I encourage you to volunteer, reach out to local media, share the news on your social media channels and consider hosting additional Hour of Code events in the community.
This is a chance to change the future of education in Deerfield Beach, FL
See http://hourofcode.com/us for details, and help spread the word.
Mrs. Yarbrough, Media Specialist, Tedder Elementary School
Tedder Elementary School
- 2014-15 School Improvement Plan
- FSA – Florida Standards Assessment
- AdvanceEd Accreditation Training
- City of Deerfield Beach – Mary Davis
- Principal Sharing
- Next SAC Meeting is scheduled for January 13th, 2015
Revised Dates for SAC:
- January 13
- February 17
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- SSOS Committee Meeting – December 9 - 4:00 pm
- Literacy Night/Make and Take – December 9 - 6:00 pm
- Early Release – December 18th
- Planning Day: No School – December 19th
- Winter Break – December 19th – January 2nd
- Technology Night – January 13 - 6:00 pm